Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Pledging

So, I pledged Chi Sig's this past week and it was insanely busy. I had to do all the club stuff and still go to school. It was so bad, I missed frisbee all week long. But there are a lot of really awesome Christian men in the club (and amazing Queens), which is why I joined in the first place, so it was definitely worth it. I am really looking forward to all the things we will do together as a club (including a camping retreat coming up). I got know the guys I was pledging with pretty well, but not as well as I thought I would. Everyone I know talks about how the guys they pledged with are their best friends and stuff, but I don't really feel the same way. Maybe that will come later.

One thing I will say about clubs is that the rivalries and such are stupid. At times, it almost seems like junior high the way people do childish things to other clubs and make chants about other clubs. Other than that, I think clubs are great, if you are in the right club that will bring you into a closer relationship with God. Also, I think it is kinda dumb the way people can be so gung-ho about their clubs, especially on a Christian campus. It's like they don't associate with people from a certain club or think they are better than others because of a club they are in, even though we are all brothers and sisters in Christ. Sometimes they let their membership in a club blind them from their membership in Christ's body. I think it is great to have a close relationship with those in your club and to think highly of them. But for the people out there who honestly think that your specific club is better than the rest just because you joined it, you are wrong.

Unless you just pledged Chi Sigma Alpha because that is the club Jesus would have pledged if he had gone to Harding.

1 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Clarke Goodman said...

hey, you need to update your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home